Teacher evaluation and 'performance' pay
- LD 391: An Act Concerning Models for Teacher and Principal Evaluations, Rep Strang-Burgess
...provides that the laws that require the Department of Education to establish models for the evaluation of the professional performance of teachers and principals do not prevent a school administrative unit from developing and adopting its own models for teacher and principal evaluation. It also provides that the stakeholder group convened by the Commissioner of Education to review models for the evaluation of the professional performance of teachers and principals is charged with reviewing only those models established by the Department of Education.
- LD 444: An Act To Require Annual Evaluation of Public School Teachers, Rep. Beliveau
... proposes to require that all new public school teachers be formally evaluated on an annual basis. The method of implementation will be at the discretion of each school administration.
- Stakeholder group looks at evaluation models, MSMA, 8/20/2010
- AG says stakeholder group must act on evaluations, MSMA, May 4, 2010
- Evaluation group worries about timeline, lack of detail, MSMA, 4/28/2010
- MDIschools checklist comparison of proposed evaluation systems
- Stakeholder group to review teacher evaluation systems, MSMA, 4/20/2010
- Teacher Evaluation Systems: The Window for Opportunity and Reform, Olivia Little, NEA, 2009 (4/14/2010)
- By Brian Hubbell at 02/08/2011 - 15:07